Tuesday, June 2, 2009

No More PC?

The article I read was "Google plans to make PCs History." The article discusses the GDrive or Google drive that is rumored to replace the hard drive in PCs. The GDrive allows users to place their data onto the Google servers for storage rather than an OS hard drive. They believe that this will help people if their hard drive was to crash. The user would have all of their data stored in an online database. The problem that people are most concerned about is privacy. If the government wanted information from Google, they could very well obtain it.
I believe that most people will probably use both, hard drive and GDrive as a safety net. It would also allow students, like myself, to obtain papers or projects saved to the GDrive for courses if something was to happen to my jump drive. I like the idea of the GDrive. The only concern I have is for the people who use it as their only means to store data. It would be a catastrophe for these people if the Google servers crashed and their information was lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment